Local Governing Board
Copies of approved minutes are available to view. Contact the Clerk to the Governors at the school email
What do Governors do?
The governors act as a “critical friend” to the school, monitoring and overseeing the smooth running of the school and supporting and listening to staff and parents. The Local Governing Board is responsible for the overall management of the school and for determining its aims, objectives and policies in accordance with all the relevant legislation. The head manages the school from day to day and is the Local Governing Board’s principal professional adviser who assists it with the formulation and implementation of its aims, objectives, policies and plans.
School governors help schools provide the best possible education for their pupils:
- thinking and working strategically to help raise standards;
- monitoring and evaluating progress towards the school’s priorities and targets;
- supporting the head and staff as well as challenging their expectations;
- accounting to all stakeholders for the school’s overall performance and for the decisions they have made.
How are the Governors organized at St Andrew’s?
As a Local Governing Board we meet at least once each term. We also have a number of committees with specific responsibilities.
These committees meet additionally to the Local Governing Board. Our current committees are:
- School Development: responsible for monitoring and evaluating attainment and the quality of learning, for identifying and
celebrating pupil achievements, monitoring and evaluating curriculum provision, ensuring that the requirements for pupils with
special educational needs are met, and to set pupil performance targets.
- Pay and Personnel: responsible for staffing issues and relevant policies, including pay, appointments and performance
- Finance and Sites and Buildings: responsible for determining the yearly budget and expenditure and for the occupation,
use and the upkeep of the school premises. Also, responsible for ensuring that the school and all occupants are safe.
This includes risk assessments and regular health and safety reviews.
For information regarding Annual Accounts and Trustees, please click the links below to take you to the relevant sections of the Bath and Wells Multi Academy Trust website:
- Structure and remit of the members
- Academy memorandum of understanding and articles of association including information on the trustees
- Attendance records of trustees (This is listed in the Annual Report – please see Annual Accounts below)
- Annual audited accounts
- Scheme of delegation
- Funding agreement
- Charging and remission policy